How can I Drug Lawyer Help?
If you have been accused of a drug offence, particularly if it is a serious one, an experienced drug lawyer can help you get the best possible outcome.
There are a number of situations where, even if the charges are fairly serious, Sydney Criminal Lawyers® might be able to have them withdrawn, or obtain a section 10 dismissal or conditional release order, allowing you to escape conviction and penalties.
Our legal expertise and experience with drug cases means that we have an understanding of the NSW legal system, and can use this understanding to your advantage.
There are a number of things a lawyer can do to help you with your drug case including:
- Advise you of your rights and whether police have acted according to the rules and guidelines. If they have not, we will write to them and formally request that they withdraw the charges against you
- Help you obtain a non conviction order, which is a finding of guilt but no conviction is recorded or no penalties are applied
- Attend court with you and put forward your case to the magistrate.
- Help you prepare character references, or access programs such as the MERIT program or drug court, which can greatly help you reduce your penalties
- Help you get your charges reduced or lowered in certain circumstances
Are you looking for expert representation or advice on your drug case? Contact Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today.